How to cook chicken pastel
- 1 kg chicken
- 1⁄2 kg liver and chicken gizzard
- chorizo de bilbao, sliced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 tbsp peppercorn, crushed
- 1 tbsp salt and MSG
- Saute the garlic.
- Add the onion, chicken, liver, chicken gizzard and chorizo.
- Stir for a minute and add 1 cup of the chicken stock.
- Then bring it to the boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrot, butter, peppercorns and the remaining chicken stock.
- Add the evaporated milk and thicken sauce mixing in the flour until it forms a roux.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes then season with salt, MSG and pepper to taste.
- Then transfer to a serving dish.